Simple Japanese-style beef skewers with a complex taste.
- 225 g sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- ½ cup Wafu® Original Sesame Japanese Dressing
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mirin and the soya sauce together with the Wafu® Original Sesame Japanese Dressing.
- Slice the steak into 8 strips that are about 1 cm thick and 8 cm long.
- Add the steak strips to the dressing mixture and cover. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least ½ hour.
- Skewer the beef strips by threading the meat onto each soaked bamboo skewer.
- Place the skewered beef on a grill pan and grill for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove skewers and place on a serving platter. Serve with extra Wafu® Original Sesame dressing for dipping, if desired.
PREP TIME: 40 minutes
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes