Grilled Portobello Sandwich
This grilled Portobello mushroom sandwich in crusty Artisan bread is a vegetarian delight.
- 8 whole Portobello mushrooms
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced in ½ cm rings
- 4 large Artisan rolls
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 3 medium vine tomatoes, sliced
- 4 tablespoons Wafu® Wasabi Mayonaizu® Japanese mayo
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Place on a plate, gills up.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour the mixture evenly over the mushrooms and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill. Grill mushrooms and onions over hot grill for 10 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms and onions from grill and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, halve the bread lengthwise. Spread the bottom half with wasabi mayo. Layer with lettuce and tomatoes. Top with grilled mushrooms and onions.
- Close sandwich and serve.
PREP TIME: 45 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes