Grilled Vegetables with Wafu® Dressing
Grilled vegetables with a trio of Japanese-style dressings.
- 2 Japanese eggplant, cut crosswise into 1½ cm rounds
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 2 yellow squash, cut crosswise into 1½ cm rounds
- 2 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1½ cm rectangles
- 8 green onions, roots cut off
- 450 g string beans
- 8 cremini mushrooms
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Basil, for garnish
- Wafu® Original Sesame Japanese Dressing
- Wafu® Ginger Carrot Japanese Dressing
- WAFU® Wasabi Edamame Japanese Dressing
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. (Or prepare barbecue on high heat.)
- Brush the vegetables with the olive oil to coat lightly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables in batches, starting with the bell peppers. Grill pepper quarters, skin side down, until lightly charred, about 8-10 minutes. Then grill the beans, yellow squash, zucchini, eggplant and mushrooms for about 6-8 minutes.
- Arrange the grilled vegetables on a serving platter. Garnish with basil leaf.
- Prepare three small bowls each with a different Wafu® Japanese Dressing.
- Serve the vegetables warm or at room temperature with a choice of three dressings.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 25 minutes