Fresh steamed lobster tossed with healthy greens and a tangy dressing.
- 2 live lobsters (680 g each)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 110 g mesclun salad
- ¼ cup shallots, chopped
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Japanese plum paste
- 1 tablespoon apple vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fill a large stockpot half full of water. Add sea salt and lemon slices.
- On high heat, bring water to a boil then add lobsters head first into the pot. (Lobsters must be alive when immersed into the boiling water.)
- Cover pot with a lid and return to boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook lobsters for 17 minutes, or until the shells turn dark red.
- Remove lobsters from water and drain. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a salad bowl, mix the mesclun salad, shallots and chives.
- In a small bowl, prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the oil, plum paste, vinegar, lemon and lime juice, pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Place lobsters on a cutting board, belly up. Using a large knife cut the lobster tails lengthwise. Remove the claw and tail meat from the shells and cut into slices.
- Add the sliced lobster meat to the salad mixture. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss.
- Serve immediately.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 25 minutes