Pan-Seared Rainbow Trout
Delicious and simple rainbow trout that is packed with flavour.
- 2 260 g rainbow trout filets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Flour for dredging
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons Wafu® Ginger Carrot Japanese Dressing
- Red chili pepper for garnish (optional)
- Rinse trout filets and pat dry. Divide each filet into two even pieces.
- In a pan, sauté onion in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil on medium heat until transparent.
- Sprinkle trout filets with Kosher salt and pepper. Dredge with flour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place filets on top.
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Pan-fry filets for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and place on plate.
- Drizzle each of the filets with Wafu® Ginger Carrot Japanese Dressing. Garnish with onion and parsley. Chili garnish optional.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes