Scallops in the Shell
These scallops with ginger carrot dressing will add zest to the cocktail party menu.
- 8 large sea scallops
- 8 empty scallop shells, for serving
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Wafu® Ginger Carrot Japanese Dressing
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Tobiko (flying-fish roe), for garnish
- Wash the sea scallops and pat dry.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan on medium.
- Sauté the ginger and garlic while stirring. Do not let brown.
- Add the scallops and sauté for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Do not overcook the scallops.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the Wafu® Ginger Carrot Japanese Dressing
on top of the scallops followed by the orange juice.
- Remove the scallops immediately and arrange each scallop on a shell.
- Dress the scallops with the remaining dressing that is left in the pan.
- Garnish each scallop with a very small amount of tobiko.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes