Irresistible Japanese-style sliders with the secret sauce.
- 900 g lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, very finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Wafu® Original Sesame Japanese Dressing
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 small sesame buns
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 10 lettuce leaves
- Preheat grill to high.
- Place ground beef in a large mixing bowl. Add garlic and ginger and mix with a wooden spoon. Add Wafu® Original Sesame Japanese Dressing
and bread crumbs, mixing well after each.
- Divide the meat into 10 equal portions. Lightly pat each portion into a 5 cm thick patty. Season each patty on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Arrange tomato slices, onion slices and lettuce leaves on a serving platter.
- When the grill is medium hot, brush the grate lightly with oil.
- Place the burgers on the hot grate. Grill burgers until cooked to taste, 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, place the buns on the hot grate and grill until lightly toasted, 1-2 minutes per side.
- To serve, place a lettuce leaf on top of each bun. Top with a burger, tomato slice and chopped onion.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes